Friday, May 4, 2012

Scrambled Eggs Make Me Happy! Written sometime in 2010

So I will just start to write....I have been waiting for the right way to "start" this blog, or for the perfect formation of words, but since neither seem to come to me quickly, I figure I will just start writing. As time goes on, whoever takes the time to read this (if only ME sometime down the road) will come to learn of the complexity and extremes of my thoughts and emotions. There. Done. Now I can start.

So today has been a good day! While some days, I wonder if my beautiful son will ever make steps towards a "typical" childhood, other days I marvel in the small accomplisments of the day, and find extreme joy in them! Today: NICHOLAS ATE SCRAMBLED EGGS!! Now, to most of you (assuming anyone is actually reading this,) this may not seem like much. However, to anyone who knows my son's typical eating habits, it is easy to understand why this is such a major milestone for us! For breakfast, we typically have only a few items to choose from: Yo Baby Yogurt cups, instant oatmeal, cottage cheese, and applesauce. Additionally, until recently, these items had to be presented in their original (and very specific) packaging, or my very picky son would not even TRY a bite of them. However, over the past few months, I've been wroking really hard to expand his food choices (while selfishly maintaining a sense of ease for myself since we are usually in hurry to be somewhere, and I don't have time for "therapy food sessions.) This morning, I thought, "Heck, let's give the scrambled eggs a try again!" Much to my pleasant surprise, Nicholas not only tried them, but ate TWO scrambled eggs! Okay, so still you may not understand why this pleases me so. Well, consider this...we can now go to just about ANY restaurant which serves breakfast, and NOT pack a seperate bag for Nicholas!! This opens up a whole new world for us!!! Now if only I could get him to do chicken nuggets and french fries....Lunch is down the road a bit I guess. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment