Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Five Minutes of Fame

I've been trying to blog all week, to no avail.  I can't figure out why it is so difficult to find 30 minutes to sit down and write something meaningful. I mean, kids don't take THAT much time, right?  How long does it take for mom to make a bottle, or a sippy cup of milk, or a snack, or soothe a 4 month old who is tired, or play with a 3 1/2 year old who loves to climb all over me, or an 18 month old who likes to do EVERYTHING!?  I mean, geesh, c'mon! I really need to step it up!  Well, in the meantime (since I have now two more posts in progress that I hope to complete soon) I thought I'd post our recent radio interview with our local 96.3 radio station.  We were selected as one of the Children's Miracle Network "Miracle Families" since Nicholas has become a favorite around the therapy facility. He's always brown-nosing the staff there....what a ham!  Anyway, below is the link to the interview, and it was part of a radio-thon to raise money for Beaumont Children's hospital, which includes the therapy facility where Nicholas has been going for just short of 4 years.  I'm not sure how long this link will work, but figured I'd post it for now since it worked this morning.  By the way, their goal was to raise $100,000, and they exceeded this and raised $122,000!  Good Job Nicholas! Thanks for letting mommy share your story!  (note: you may have to cut and paste this link into your browser.)

http://www.963wdvd.com/FlashPlayer/default.asp?SPID=31766&ID=2444722



2 comments:

  1. Great interview! So good to hear that the fundraising went to well. I loved the Beaumont PT team I worked with after my ACL surgery, so I know the importance of having a great team to support you through it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stephanie! And thanks for taking the time to read our story! :-)

    ReplyDelete