Friday, June 22, 2012

A Letter to Sombody....Anybody

Dear Somebody....Anybody,

Please, please help me.  I am so tired, so sleep deprived, and so mentally drained.  As I sit here, my third night in a row of less than 2 consecutive hours of sleep, I wonder how long this will last.  Will it be forever? Why is my son waking? What am I supposed to do for him?  Scouring the Internet at 3am searching for answers while my son lays next to me wide awake, fidgeting, and clearly ready to begin his day, I ask WHY???  I have tried just about everything I can think of, and every suggestion I've read  online in my desperate hours  approaching dawn, as the birds begin to chirp....again.   I've talked to therapists, other parents, and doctors.  I still have a couple of tricks up my sleeve, but am losing hope that they will work.  Despite his lack of sleep, he is happy.  I am not.  I cannot be a good mother to my children in this state, nor can I be a good wife to my husband.  And then again, how much am I expected to give of myself?  I have nothing left by the end of the day. I simply struggle through these sleep deprived days, and pray for the next day to be better. Sometimes it is, and sometimes it's not.  I desperately want to help him, but I'm waning on energy and just simply can't forge ahead today.  This is only one day. But there will be many others.  There will be some good ones too, but this is a dark day.  So I will do my best, as I always do, but if you are out there..somebody, ANYBODY, please wave your magic wand and tell me how to make this better. 

Yours,
A Desperately Exhausted Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment