Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Tales from the Cser Crypt....A Night in the Life

Just had to share one of our, seemingly and unfortunately more typical, night/early mornings scenarios.  After all, I write this blog to give you a glimpse into our world, so here's a really awesome one....(dripping with sarcasm, but can you blame me? It's 4:35am!)


2:06am:  The night time dreaded "singing" from the boy's room begins. Nicholas has awoken....

2:15am: I nudge the husband to ask where the melatonin is in hopes of nipping this in bud before the wake up becomes permanent.

2:16am: Mutter several curse words in my attempts to find the melatonin in the pitch black of night.

2:17am: Locate melatonin in garden window of kitchen feeling hopeful that perhaps we will all have a fighting chance of getting back to sleep.

2:18am: Enter the boys' room to find Nicholas wide awake in bed with his feet banging against the top bunk, effectively bouncing his baby brother around in a pretty solid effort to wake him, but to no avail...whew!

2:19: Melatonin administered...and I make the mental decision to stay in the room until he falls asleep... just for good measure. 

2:27:  He's still awake, and louder now.....

2:40:  Yup, still awake...that's okay, this could take up to 45 minutes for melatonin to kick in, I reassure  myself...

2:55am:  Still going.....I decide to try his wrist weights which tend to calm him down.  Yeah right...good try mom, he sings. Instead of calming him, he begins smirking and while at least HE'S happy, I'm not!

3:00am:  I mutter a couple of exhausted and defeated expletives, and head back to my bed. At least Brody didn't wake, I think to myself.....an obvious mistake on my part.

3:15: The "singing" becomes louder and more aggravated. In a last ditch effort, I meander downstairs and search the living room for my headphones...not for me, but that might have been a good idea in retrospect....

3:16am:  I re-enter the boys room, start my white noise app on my phone, and clamp the headphones over Nicholas' head.  INSTANT CALM!!! YESSSS!!!!  I take a deep breath and see the silver lining of at least a few more hours of sleep before morning!

3:18am:  Nicholas begins kicking his feet against the top bunk again and taking swings at me....an awesome addition to sleep deprivation.  From above, I hear a tiny whisper "Mommy....I want to cuddle you....."  Sigh...here we go. It's all over now.  Brody has awoken.  I have a choice to make now....dash out of the room before he is awake enough to realize it, or acknowledge him risking an outburst when I try and go back to bed.   Decision made: I dash out, giving up on the entire situation and praying for a miracle.  

3:20: Brody exits his room, turns on the hall light which glares int our bedroom like  a flood light on a police car, and enters my bed, tossing and turning until he finds a spot that suits him just right...albeit with his skull pressed against my bruised nose from the headbutt I received yesterday. Perfect. But I'll take it, so long as it's quiet. I could sleep standing on my head at this point. 

3:25: I hear the pitter patter of Nicholas fleeing his room, heading down the stairs, and searching for his Ipad.  Oh well....no school today. He can nap later before we take him to Chuck E Cheese for his birthday later. Oh yeah!  Today is is birthday!  Maybe he just wanted to celebrate from beginning to end??? 

3:35am:Brody decides to ask me for Halloween candy, and upon my comatose response, takes it upon himself to head down the stairs, turn on all of the kitchen lights, and help himself to a piece to  bring back to my bed.  "Pick your battles," I think to myself. 

3:45am: Chris removes candy from Brody's hands, and himself from our bed.  Someones gotta work in the morning!!!

3:48am: Brody informs me that he's going to sleep with Daddy, which I know translates into going back to the kitchen to find more candy.  I silently debate how much I care if he ingests an entire pound of chocolate just so I can get an hour of sleep, and weigh the possible outcomes.

3:50am: I begrudgingly stumble out of bed again, head downstairs, discard candy wrappers from kitchen floor, respond to a request for a banana, and begin opening mail....why not? What else is there to do at this hour??

3:55am:  Make the final decision that my day has officially begun, and chuckle sarcastically to myself as I turn off the program button for the coffee pot (set for 6am) so that I can manually start it now. 

4:02am: Turn on Wonder Pets for Brody, and pour my first cup of coffee, decide to write this blog post, and then pay some of the bills that have been piling up.   Hey, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em I suppose!  At this point, I'm just thankful that no one is screaming!

So there ya have it!  Up and at 'em people!!!!!  Sleep is for the weak!!!! Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. As a sign of gratitude on how my son was saved from autism, i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My son suffered autism in the year 2013 and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, he always have difficulty with communication,and he always complain of poor eye contact  . we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many other with similar body problem, and they left the contact of this doctor who have the cure to autism . I never imagined autism  has a natural cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my son will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my son used it and in one months time he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life.autism  has a cure and is a herbal cure,you can contact the doctor for more info on drwilliams098675@gmail.com on how to get this medication, Thanks.

    ReplyDelete